Elon Musk backed internet service Starlink broadband is now available for pre-registration in India Rs 7,200 . The service is currently in beta and will be available to Indian users only in 2022.
How to do pre registration? What will be the price? What will be the internet speed? Is it available all over India?
Answers for all your queries is below.
Firstly What is Starlink? And why is it gaining so much attention?
Starlink is SpaceX’s satellite service that aims to offer high-speed, low-latency broadband internet across the globe. It is coming to India is a part of the company’s larger plan to cover all of Earth by next year. SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said in a recent tweet that most of the Earth will be covered by the end of the year, and all by next year.
This is ensured by Starlink satellites. In an effort to make global internet coverage a reality,
What will be the cost of Starlink in India?
We Indians are very concerned about the cost no matter what we are buying. Starlink will face fierce competition from JIO and AIRTEL in India.
Right now Starlink broadband can be pre-registered Rs 7,200 in India, though the service will available in 2022. Under the beta testing phase, users can get themselves registered for the service to get Starlink Kit that will need to be set up in order to use the service.
Comparatively it will be more expensive than its counterparts. Lets see what the company does to cope with the Indian market.
So Now How Do We Pre-Register Starlink In India?
• Those interested will need to check for the availability of the service on the Starlink website at Starlink.com.
• On its official website, users will be greeted with a message, “Starlink is available to a limited number of users per coverage area at this time. Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.”
• A ‘Service Address’ box should appear below the message where users need to check for the availability of the service in their area by entering the name of the location, their city name, or postal code.
• If the service is available in the user’s area, users will be directed to the “Starlink Order” page where their area will be mentioned along with payment amount and a message that reads, “Starlink is targeting coverage in your area in 2022. Availability is limited. Order will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis.”
• Finally, users will be redirected to the payments page, where they will need to put in details like first and last name, phone number, email, billing information like credit card number, etc and then pay $99. The registration amount is refundable, according to the company.
Upon registration, users should receive their Starlink Kit that includes Wi-Fi router, power supply, cables as well as a mounting tripod. Do note that it needs to be set up where there is a clear view of the sky to connect. To determine the best install location, Starlink recommends to download the Starlink App, which is available on Google Play Store for Android users and App Store for iOS users, respectively.
What will Be STARLINK’s Internet Speed?
In the beta phase, Starlink offers data speeds varying from 50Mbps to 150Mbps, thanks to a total of 1,000 existing Starlink satellites already in orbit. However, Musk says will double to 300Mbps later this year once the number of satellites touches 12,000.
Starlink is set to debut in Indian Telecom market in 2022 . What do you think? Will it be be able to survive in India’s competitive market? Will Elon Musk backed STARLINK will be able to compete with JIO ,AIRTEL and VI. Comment down below.