Are you crazy to watch English , Hindi or national and international language web series through all OTT (Over The Top) platforms ??
re you installed OTT applications like Netflix , HOTSTAR, VOOT and many more in your smart phones ??
Then A big thanks to JIO and other cheap internet services . They are provided some shows that you can streaming free on YouTube and few are free on some other Indian Over the top web streaming platforms .
The year of 2018 web series produced roar in Indian internet market . Here in details about Top OTT Platforms In India .
- Amazon prime videos
- ALT Balaji
- Zee 5
- Eros Now
- Sony Liv
I Have Listed Here Top OTT Platforms In India :
Not in Particular Order
Netflix one of the largest American web production company which is introduced in India the year of 2015 and by 2016 it provided services more than 190 countries . Netflix allows audiences to watch a wide variety of award wining TV shows, movies, documentary and more on any internet connected devices.
- Netflix provided three types of subscription like basic, standard and premium stated from price of Rs.500 per month to price of Rs.800 per month after a month of free trial .
- It consumed more data but it is purely depends on mobile and internet services .
Data uses by Netflix:
- Basic video quality : 0.3GB/ hour
- Standard video quality:0.7GB/ hour
- HD video quality: 3GB/ hour
- Ultra HD video quality: 7GB /hour
Netflix one of the highest rate subscription than other OTT platforms , but it streaming ad-free. So that people will invest more in entertainmate.
2.Amazon prime videos :
Prime video is also named as Amazon Prime video, is an American internet video streaming platform operated by Amazon and available only for Amazon Prime members . It offers Television shows ,movies, selections of Amazon original contents and many more on the subscription rate of Rs.999 per year. When you have Amazon Prime subscription you can access all the videos without any additional cost. Amazon Prime has not announced any official data usage statistics but users are collected some data usage strategies.
Data uses by Amazon Prime Videos:
- Standard video quality: 900mb/ hour
- HD video quality: 2GB/ hour
- Ultra HD video quality: 5.8GB /hour
Hotstar is an Indian over the top video streaming platform owned by Novi Digital Entertainment private limited and a subsidiary of Star India Private Limited.
- Star India officially lunched Hotstar in the year of 2014. And the year of 2016 it lunched subscription membership concept. By the year of 2017 hotstar reached 300 million downloads.
- Hotstar offers best TV shows , Movie premiums , live sports, live news , events and many more in the price range of Rs.361 per year for VIP membership and Rs.199 per month for premium membership.
- Hotstar has not mentioned any official data usage statistics ut an average, hotstar user consumes 3GB per month.
Alt Balaji is an add free Subscription based OTT platforms which is own production house of Balaji Telefilms limited on 2017. Alt Balaji streaming high voltage drama, comedy, romance, thriller, crime and mystery at the price range of 300 per year subscription.
- From the year 2017 January Alt Balaji had a content deal with Reliance JIO to make original content which is available to reliance uses like JIO cinema, Jio TV etc..
- In the year 2017 april this company also offered content to Airtel for Airtel TV apps. It is also provided content to Vodafone pay services for Vodafone users in India.
The average data consumption of Alt Balaji
- LD :350MB/hour
- MQ :750 MB/hour
- HD : 2.5GB/year
5.Zee 5 :
ZEE5 is an over the top Indian video on demand website run by ESSEL Group subsidiary of ZEE entertainment Enterprises Limited which offers Indian and international movies, TV shows, music , live TV, health & lifestyle and more with content in 12 languages including English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, ODIA, Bhojpuri, Guajarati and Panjabi .
- It was lunch in India on February 2018 and now have 76.4 million users in total .
- ZEE5 mobile app available in any internet connected devices like web, android, smart TV any many other.
- It will available to consumers as a monthly charge of Rs.150 only.
- Almost 57% of the data usage in video consumption overall.
6.Eros Now :
Eros now is an Indian subscription based over the top on demand Entertain mate and media plat from lunched in 2012 which offers original content with both English and Hindi movies, TV series, music videos and 2.5 lakhs of music tracks.
- Eros now subscription based with three types of streaming membership plans , basic plans with standard definition charged as Rs.49 per month , plus plan with standard definition price rate of Rs.99 per month and premium plans are for international users.
Data consumption by Eros now :
- Low quality : 350 MB/ hour
- Medium quality:750 MB /hour
- High quality :1.5 to 2 GB / hour
VOOT is an over the top Indian subscription video on demand service lunched in march 2016 , it forms the online arm of Viacom 18. Viacom 18 is one of the India’s largest growing media network .
- VOOT is available only in India and hosts over 40,000 hours of video content that includes COLORS (Hindi) MTV nickelodeon, Viacom 18 motion pictured and MTV indies with biggest TV shows Blockbuster movies , TOONS and VOOT originals.
- All the contents are available in multiple languages like Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu and Tamil.
- The VOOT contents are streaming only in standard definition and consumed around 300MB per hour with out any subscription cost.
Sony LIV is an Indian general entertainment video on demand service that is owned by Sony Picture Network India private Limited.
- This network offers many channels including Sony TV Sony SAB, Sony Mix, Sony max and more with shows like The KAPIL Sharma Show, Koon BANEGA CROREPATI Indian idol, TARAK Mehta KA OOLTA CHASHMA, crime petrol and many more.
- All the contents are streaming at the subscription cost of Rs.99 per month and Rs.199 for 6 months.
So there it is!! The top OTT platforms in India.
Did I miss out any?? Do you have a favourite??
Please let me know in comment section. And do not forget to watch your shows. Keep streaming.