Trains are more about a journey full of experiences in all over the world, than just a mode of transportation. I’m taking this experience to a whole new level are the luxury trains of India that glam up your journey and take you back in the era of kings and royalty. Magnificent, with a majestic value that boasts of the royal past of India, these luxury trains offer a one-of-a-kind experience to discover the many facets of India’s culture
In this articles i have mentioned the most luxury trains in India.
1. Maharajas Express
- Owned and operated by Indian Railways, Maharajas’ Express is the most expensive luxurious train travel in India.
- It runs between October and April, covering around 12 destinations of north-western side, most of which lie in Rajasthan.
- While the fare for a Deluxe Cabin for one person is $3,850 (Around Rs. 2 lakh 80 thousand) for 4 days and 3 nights, and it goes up to $12,900 if you book a Presidential Suite.
- The train offers a wide range of five itineraries between the months of September and April, which include experiences such as meeting the members of the royal family, attending the most beautiful elephant polo match in Jaipur, and also cover the temples of Khajuraho.
Journey of maharajas–
India & Treasures of India – 4-day journeys for INR 2,57,950 (approx) each
Indian Splendour & The Indian Panorama – 8 days journey for INR 4,00,660 (approx) each
Heritage of India – 8 days journey for INR 4,58,280 approx
How to Book The Maharajas Express
This is the Official website only official site so book direct.
2. Palace On Wheels
- The palace on wheel is the oldest & first Luxury train in India. This is a real palace on wheels and pride of Royal Rajasthan, Palace on Wheels stands true to its name with a lavish luxurious interior that speaks volumes about the regal Rajasthan.
- The train started in 1982, based on the royal train coaches of British era, which used to be the personal coaches of erstwhile rulers of the princely states.
- The train starts its journey from the capital of India and covers Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur, and Agra, before returning to Delhi. If you plan on experiencing this royal journey, make sure you have to spend Rs. 3,63,300.
- Month of operation for palace on wheel are from September to April. The train starts its journey from New Delhi & before returning to Delhi.
For international travellers: US$3500
For Indian travellers: INR 2,10,000
How to Book The Palace on wheel
For more information and booking train tour package, you can visit Official website of Palace on Wheels.
3. Royal Rajasthan On Wheels
- After the success of Palace on Wheels, Indian Railways started this sophisticated luxury train in 2009 that’s Royal Rajasthan On Wheels.
- It travels on similar route as Palace on Wheels, taking tourists on a 7 days and 8 night journey through Rajasthan.
- It’s fare is comparatively less than other luxury trains of India.
Starting fares per cabin on twin sharing basis:
For international travellers: US$9,450
For Indian travellers: INR 5,67,000
How to Book The Royal Rajasthan on wheel
This one week rail journey will cost you around 50 to 80 thousand for single person, that can be avail from the Official website .
4. The Golden Chariot
- This is the pride of South India. This is a luxury train for touring popular spots in South India, in the states of Karnataka, Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Pondicherry, depending on the itinerary.
- Trains coloured are purple & gold & sport the logo of a mythological animal with the head of an elephant & a body of a lion. The Golden Chariot runs from October to March, and duration for both the routes is 7 nights, 8 days.
- The fare for 7 nights is Rs. 1,82,000. Passing through the resplendent surroundings of lush green forests and breathtaking waterfalls, the train not only provides a royal accommodation but also offers a spa treatment, restaurants and a bar, among other facilities.
The Golden Chariot train price in India per cabin on twin sharing basis for Pride of the South:
For international travellers- US$8,260
For Indian travellers- INR 3,08,000
Starting fares per cabin on twin sharing basis for Southern Splendour:
For international travellers- US$9,130
For Indian travellers- INR 3,50,000
How to Book The Golden chariot
only Official website so book direct.
5.The Deccan Odyssey
- Deccan Odyssey based on the model of Palace On Wheels, this train was launched with an target to boost tourism in Maharashtra.
- It starts journey from Mumbai, covers around 10 popular tourist locations including Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Aurangabad, Ajanta-Ellora Nasik, Pune, returning to Mumbai. A deluxe cabin for adult costs $5,810, you’ll have to shell out $12,579 to book a presidential suite.
- The Deccan odyssey operates from October to April & the duration for all 6 routes is 7 nights & 8 days. Deccan odyssey is a good option if you want to visit some of the remote parts of India.
For international travellers: US$5,810
For Indian travellers: INR 3,71,900
How to Book The Deccan odyssey
Deccan Odyssey train booking ticket price is starting from rupees 3 Lakh on wards, which you can avail from its Official website.
wait!!!! wait !!!!!
If you want to journey first sell your kidney.